These are a series of maps illustrating different aspects of Jewish cultural and political history ranging from the Old Testament Era to the modern Israel. Images include topographic maps, boundaries for ancient kingdoms, locations of Jewish populations, medieval maps and maps showing the changing boundaries of the modern Israeli state and Palestine.
||Israel & Judah
||WWII Axis Control
|WWII Ghetto Revolts
|1947 UN Partition
||Six Day War
|Israel in 2005
Original Course Information
Original Course: J ST 10 - Jewish Civilizations
Instructor: Alan Benjamin, Jewish Studies Program
Other Courses: These maps can be used for courses on Ancient history, medieval culture, or modern politics of the Middle East.
This MTO item can be used royalty-free under the following conditions. See the MTO Item Open Source License for complete terms.
- The item is distributed AS IS with no implied or stated warranties.
- The item is restricted to educational or personal use only. Commercial use is not permitted.
- Copies may be distributed, but only for educational or personal use. This item cannot be sold for profit.
- You have permission to modify the item, but the derivative work must remain open source and cannot be marketed for profit.
- Copyright of the original item is held by Penn State.
- If this item is used, attribution to Penn State is requested.
All the images are compressed in a .zip file. Once you download the file, double-click on the .zip file to extract the graphics.
Note: These files are 1.5 M and 12.M respectvely and may take some time to download on slower connections.
- Download JPEG Images (jewishmapjpg.zip - 1.5 M)
- Download Photoshop Images (jewishmappsd.zip - 12.5 M)